Backlinks are very important but what are they ?. When you have your website URL on somebody else's website, it is called a backlink. This website is all about home business ideas but it doesn’t matter what your site is about, backlinks are very important and the more of them you have online the more potential traffic they can bring to you.
Let's take a look at 9 ways you can get backlinks and increase the amount of traffic coming to your site every day.
1. You are reading this article right now and depending on where you are reading it, there may be a resource box at the bottom. The resource box will contain a link pointing back to my website which is all about the best home business ideas. If you are reading it on my website then there won’t be but there is usually a place for comments where you can place a link back to your site then it is up to me whether I choose to accept it or not and that is the same with any website you visit. One way to increase backlinks is to write and submit massive amounts of articles to article directories online.
2. Post comments in other people's blogs. Post only in blogs that allow you to include a link back to your blog or website. In my case I may choose to concentrate my efforts on other websites that relate to Home Business Ideas.
3. Write blog articles and submit them to social directories. This is known as bookmarking a blog post and is a valuable way to get a backlink pointing back to your blog. Social directories love these and so do search engines.
4. Visit and participate in online discussion forums. Include a signature file that contains a hyperlinked keyword phrase back to your website. These posts in discussion forums can stay online giving you backlinks for years to come.
5. Purchase ads in Ezines that are archived on the Internet. These archived issues can serve as backlinks when your ad is published in it. You can purchase multiple ads with an Ezine advertising companies such as HBAds and save money by being in multiple Ezines with one purchase.
6. Trade links with other websites which is known as reciprocal linking. You can speed the process up by joining a reciprocal linking company and finding hundreds of link partners to trade with.
7. Send out a press release every time your Internet business has something new to offer. These press releases will contain a link back to your website that can bring traffic both immediately and in the future.
8. Backlinks are the lifeblood of any website, whether it’s about home business ideas or anything else so make sure you get your share. Purchase text links ads on other people's blogs. If you get on a blog sidebar your link can end up on thousands of pages giving you massive exposure with one link.
9. If you are invited to write testimonials for a product launch then do it. These testimonials can give you valuable backlinks and traffic as people read the sales page over and over.
These have been 9 ways to get backlinks to your website or blog. There certainly are many more ways to do it and the more backlinks you have the better. For more advice and to discover many more ways to enhance the Internet presence of your website and to become a super Internet Marketer then I recommend you go HERE to find out more.
If you have found this article useful then by all means leave a comment.
About the Author:
Mal Tindle is the owner of Work From Home Gems and is an enthusiastic Internet Marketer and article writer. To find the support you need, go to the affiliate power group and for more of the best home business ideas so you can make money on the Internet and work from home visit: Work From Home Gems